cookieOptions = {...};

Thursday 10 March 2016

What is Feminism? | Let's Talk About Feminism

Hey guys! I have been wanting to post about feminism for a while now but I really don't want to get anything wrong and offend people I may as well just do it though! I decided that I would do a little series about feminism with a few posts on different subjects so that I can really get into different subjects, I'm warning you now that there might be some rants in this series! So I thought that it would be logical to tell you all what feminism really is and destroy this idea of feminists being angry people that are always yelling and get rid of the idea that feminism is saying that women are better than men.

Feminism is the will for equality. I have honestly lost count of the amount of times I have told people (note how I say people and not just women) this and them reply "then I'm a feminist", at least one of you reading this had that reaction. Feminists aren't angry people that are always complaining, they are people who want equality and are willing to fight for it. I feel sorry for the people that just don't understand when I see anti-feminist groups and I always ask them if they know what a feminist is, they don't know the true meaning of course. I will admit that some people have turned their true feminism into a weird hate for men, that in itself is anti-feminism because feminism is equality and hating all people with male genitals is very unfair and definitely not equal. I, like all true feminists, will speak up if we see a problem where woman are above men, it's just that this happens less frequently because in our society, men are usually above women, which is ridiculous and just plain ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

I hope you have enjoyed this little post! Next time in the series, I'm going to talk about male feminists, I'm really looking forward to writing that post as I reading enjoyed writing this one! Did you know what feminism was before you read this? Are you a feminist? If not, tell me why, I would love to hear your views on this! Thanks for reading and I will see you very soon!

xxx

Catherine

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I love when people write about topics like this- I really feel like it's the sort of thing that needs to be branched more often. What really annoys me is when people go "I'm not a feminist but I believe in equality" because believing in equality is what makes you a feminist!
    Elise xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you like the post! I had so much fun writing it. I agree, people would understand if we all talked about these sorts of things more often! I find that annoying too! I always let them know what they need to know kindly and I'm hoping to let more people know what feminism really is.
      Have a wonderful day,
      <3 Catherine

      Delete
  2. I love your view on this! I can't wait till the male feminists posts! Sounds super interesting!

    Jade

    www.accidentallyjade.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jade! I super excited to write that post and many more!
      Have a magical day,
      <3 Catherine

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely a feminist too. I really believe that there needs to be equality amongst the sexes. Women aren't "better" than men, I just feel like we deserve more credit that we get. People always say "women are weak" which is not at all the case. I'd like to see a man go through PMS, menstruation cramps, and 9 months of childbirth. Then we'll see who's "weak".
    The other thing I hate is when my parents complain for me walking around with just a bra on. Given, it's only from my room to the laundry room to get a shirt, but even so my mum hates it. I told her, "as long as my brother can walk around without a shirt on, if I don't have the shirt I want in my room, I will walk downstairs with a bra on to get it. End of story." Okay, rant over now!
    ~Poodle
    www.omgshesarealballerina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm agree with everything you said! We get no credit for what we actually do, not just PMS, menstration cramps and childbirth, we also get harassed almost everyday and treated like we are nothing, everyday!
      Good on you Tara! You tell them! It's just not fair and it's wonderful that you are standing up for your rights as a human.
      Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
      <3 Catherine

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of this series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOO ! What a wonderful post ! It's so important that people understand feminism is a fight for equality not a fight against men ! It's brilliant that you're starting this series to raise awareness of that through your blog and i can't wait to see more posts on this :) I'm definitely a feminist because all people should be seen as equal and it's something that everyone would fight for if only they were better educated on it and it was better understood but the word feminism wasn't mentioned once in class when I was at school so it's no suprise there's so much mis understanding around the actual meaning :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marianne! I think these anti-feminist group came around because of the lack of understanding of what feminism really is so I'm really hoping this series can help. I had so much fun writing this post so I'm really looking forward to writing more! I really think schools should tell the students that feminism and equality is the same thing, that's all I'm asking for, even if it is just casually mentioned. Maybe one day we could have entire class educating students about feminism/equality.
      Have a brilliant day Marianne,
      <3 Catherine

      Delete
  6. Thanks Rainbow, that really means a lot too me. It's so important that our Earth has gender equality and that people know about this so hopefully this series can help.
    Have wonderful day,
    <3 Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine